World of Warcraft Gets New Hotfix On January 18
MMORPGs are continuously changing, and between new content and updates, along with player interactions, there’s virtually always something to fix or tweak. Therefore, the team at Blizzard do the things they call “hotfixes”.
Slight changes or tweaks or glitch fixes that they understand must be performed, and will be carried out instantly or through scheduled realm restarts. This happen fairly regularly for World of Warcraft.
– Players that queue with a challenge card should reliably fight the creature on their challenge card after losing a rumble.
– Carl’s lava waves should no longer damage players outside of the Brawler’s Guild arena.
– During the G.G. Engineering challenge, the Shielded damage reduction buff is now immediately removed from Max Megablast or Bo Bobble when the active Shield Generator they are standing near is destroyed.
– The Brawler’s Potion of Prolonged Power should now share a cooldown with other potions that increase damage.
– Strange Thing’s uninterruptible casts should not be interruptible by any means.
– Strange Thing’s debuffs can no longer be dispelled by players.
– Flanking Strike can correctly be used at level 12 when it is learned.
– Fixed a bug that prevented some players from queueing Artifact Knowledge Research Work Orders.
Dungeons and Raids
– Fixed a bug where Mists of Pandaria dungeon items were dropping with an incorrect level requirement.
– (Frost Mage) Zann’esu Journey: should no longer sometimes increase the damage of Blizzard after the item is unequipped.
– Convergence of Fates: now activates 70% less often for Retribution Paladins (other specs unaffected).
– (Demonology Warlock) Feretory of Souls: can now generate a Soul Shard when the Warlock casts Demonbolt, Hand of Gul’dan, Implosion, or Shadowflame.
– Whispers in the Dark: casting speed increase has been reduced by 15%.
– Spontaneous Appendages: the damage done by the spontaneous appendages generated by Spontaneous Appendages has been increased by 65%.
Legion Companion App
– Added notifications for Android.
Player versus Player
– Stamina increased by 10% for all specs.
– Primary stat (Strength/Agility/Intellect) decreased by 5% for all non-healing specs.
– Damage reduced by 5% for all healing specs (Restoration Druid, Mistweaver Monk, Holy Paladin, Discipline Priest, Holy Priest, and Restoration Shaman).
– Players can no longer interact with flags in Arathi Basin when Greater Fade is active.
– Echoing Stars now deals 25% less damage to players.
– Starfall now deals 25% less damage to players.
– The “Headmaster/Headmistress” title should now be correctly rewarded when Elya Azuremoon is defeated during the Nar’thalas event.
– Margaux will now reliably reappear where players pick up the quest “Where It’s Made: Arcwine”, if she despawns at any point during the quest.