Stuff you should know about League of Legends
If you’re a gamer, you’ve likely come across a new genre: MOBA. These games pit you against competitors in a match with one objective – to defeat the enemy. This can be done in multiple ways, but the fun really comes from mastering a certain character class and helping your team achieve your goal.
League of Legends, or LoL, is one of the hottest MOBA games on the market, just ahead of other popular titles, like DOTA 2 and Heroes of the Storm.
The best thing about the game is that it’s free to play, so there are millions of players ready to open up their wallets to gain an advantage over the competition. If you sell services or gold in other games, LoL can be very profitable whether you’re selling an account, boosting services or another type of service.
Introduction to League of Legends
League of Legends is extremely fun, and it’s one of the most played games in the world. The game is a team-based strategy game where you’ll play with other players in an attempt to defeat the opposing team’s nexus. This is the goal, but the other team will be defending and will have non-playable characters that will have an impact on the game’s outcome.
Choosing from several different characters, your team’s combination must meld together perfectly to win the game. You’ll have characters that are:
- Range characters
- Melee characters
- Castor characters
Characters will level up through the game, and this is done by simply being around while other characters die. As you progress, you’ll gain new abilities and your ultimate ability at level 6, which is extremely powerful.
But you can also earn items during the match. Gold is provided, and you can visit the store back at your base to make your character more powerful.
You even start the game with a little bit of gold so that you can buy items to enhance your character.
Your champion will use an arsenal of items that you can buy with in-game currency to overcome your foes. You’ll be able to customize your summoner to fit your individual play style through talents and abilities.
Several different game modes are available, including classic and dominion. The classic game requires destroying the other team’s nexus, while dominion requires you to obtain and hold capture points on the map to ultimately damage your enemy’s nexus and help you win the game.
Complex and fun, LoL is a game where you have possibilities to earn money and have fun.
How can League of Legends be Monetized?
You’re here to make some cash, so you need to know what you can actually monetize in LoL. There are few ways to monetize this game, including:
- Boosting Services: You can offer boosting services where you’ll play with lesser-skilled players to help them win matches and advance their character.
- Accounts: If you’re an advanced player, you’ll be able to sell your account to other people based on your win ratio and the champions that you have available.
- Win/Loss Rates: Win/loss ratios are very important in League of Legends. The rate that you have will provide you with influence points. These points are higher when you have an acceptable ratio of wins and will be used buy champions.
- Coaching: If you’re an amazing player that has proven you’re on top of the gaming ladder, you’ll be able to sell coaching services. This means that you’ll master one specific champion, or several, and teach people how to play the champion in the game.
You would be surprised how much money people are willing to pay for boosting services. As a reference, the current prices exist in the market:
- In the Bronze Age, division five, you can expect to pay four dollars for one win.
- If you’re in the Challenger league, wins can be as costly as $65.
- Division boosting ranges from $18 to several thousand dollars if you want to get into the Challenger league.
- During the rank season, you can sell wins for placement games for $10 a win in the Challenger league.
- Unranked matches are rather expensive depending on the desired standing you hope to achieve.
And this is just the cost of win rates, and doesn’t include the cost of the other services that you can offer. A good example of coaching prices includes:
- $15 an hour for a Diamond I coaching experience.
- Masters charge anywhere from $20-$40 an hour for their services.
- Challengers typically charge between $25 and $45 an hour.
If you make a name for yourself as one of the best players in the game, you’ll find people willing to pay even higher prices for your services. Coaching is a very prominent aspect of LoL, and one of the best ways to monetize the game if you’re a good player.
Start Playing League of Legends
One thing I want to note is that you can start playing this game today for free. There’s no reason to spend any real money on the game to get started. You can actually download the game for free from the developers here.
There are over 100 different heroes available to you, but many of them will be premium options that you will not get to play without paying for them or earning them.
But you can also master several champions that are free to play and get the hang of the game. There’s also the option of starting to boost your credibility, and even offer services based on the free-to-play characters available to you.
Since the game is free, I recommend that anybody trying to make money through selling game services give this game try – it’s extremely addicting.
The goal is to find ways of monetizing the game like we talked about earlier. You can even make money immediately by creating an account and playing yourself. If you get bored of the game in the future and have obtained a high win ratio or unlock certain champions, you’ll be able to sell your account for a profit.
Remember, the game is free to play, so you have nothing to lose by giving it a try and monetizing it today.
See also: Overwatch Boosting Opportunities