Latest Buzz in the MMO Industry
What’s happening in the MMO industry? A lot of news has been released over this past month with some pretty big announcements. Two major games are now free and anyone can start playing them today.
Also, there’s a new trailer that’s just been released for one of the most anticipated games of the year.
And, if that wasn’t enough, there is also a big announcement from Neverwinter that fans have been waiting for.
Guild Wars 2’s Base Game Is Completely Free
Finally, anyone can play Guild Wars 2 for free. The developers have always allowed you to buy the game and have never charged a subscription, but going totally free is something new. The main reason for the company doing this is to draw in more customers for the company’s latest expansion Heart of Thorns.
Initially, the company was just going to include the core game with the expansion, so players wouldn’t have to spend more money.
But now, anyone can play the game for free. All you have to do is download the client. Free accounts will have some restrictions:
- Fewer character slots
- Local and whisper chats only
- Must be level 10 to leave starter zones
- Must be level 30 before looking for group
- Must be level 60 before World vs. World opens up
You can read all of the information on the Guild Wars 2 website.
Invite your friends. Start playing the game for yourself. Or simply have another game where you’ll find ways to make money offering services.
Wildstar Reloaded Is Now Live and Finally Free To Play
Wildstar Reloaded is now live, and you can begin playing it for free. There has been a lot of anticipation ahead of the F2P Wildstar offering, and it’s finally here for you to enjoy.
Hundreds of changes have been made to the game, and even if you played it in the past, the experience will be a lot different.
What changes can you expect to see?
- Cosmic rewards are available where you can unlock bonuses and items in a new system.
- All of the combat stats have been revamped to add clarity and function.
- Early game improvements have been made from choosing characters to leveling and tutorials.
- Crafting has been changed and revamped to be more fun and rewarding.
- Several tweaks have been made to make life “easier” for players.
- Bonus events have been introduced to make the game more fun and exciting.
These are just a few of the many improvements you can expect in the game. There are also more incentives to log in, discoveries, the alpha sanctum (15 player instance), world bosses and streamlined dungeons that make the game even better.
Wildstar Reborn will really be like playing a new game, and with the free-to-play offer, it doesn’t cost a dime to try the game for yourself.
Neverwinter is Releasing Underdark
Neverwinter is releasing Underdark in 2015, but no one knows for sure when the game will be released. We’re assuming that we’ll see it in the next month or two since there are only two months left until 2016.
What can you expect in the game?
Players will go to Menzoberranzan. And, for a long time, the developers were rather quiet in terms of what to expect with the game. Now we know that content will be re-playable and repeatable while maintaining quality.
Variable rewards will also be included. But that’s all we know about the game.
BlizzCon 2015 In-Game Goodies Round-Up
Wondering what in-game goodies all of the lucky players received when they went to BlizzCon this past year? We have the scoop for you.
- World of Warcraft: All players got the Murkidan (murloc) pet. This pet is a small demonhunter that looks like a sluggish Illidan and even has his blades. Aesthetically speaking, the pet looks rather awesome, but a little tired.
- Heroes of the Storm: The Mighty Nexus Battle Beast is a mean looking mount that players will be able to ride into battle.
- Hearthstone: A weak in-game item. Players got the Blizzard 2015 Card Back.
- StarCraft II: Void-themed portraits are available that allow you to show that you’re a BlizzConquerer.
- Diablo III: Three in-game items were included for Diablo III players: Murkgoblin pet, pennant and a new character portrait that looks like a murloc ready to eat your character.
The goodies were rather lackluster and disappointing this year – especially for WoW players. While a murloc pet is expected, a lot of players of the world’s biggest MMO were expecting a mount or something a little more.
World’s Adrift New Trailer
Last, but certainly not least, there has been a new World’s Adrift trailer released. The devs also posted a lot of neat pictures of them working on the game that you’ll want to look at on their blog.
The trailer brings a lot of excitement for players and shows you real gameplay.
First, the universe is beautiful with ships and players hanging and swinging from ropes. Watch as players jump off of their craft onto enemy vessels and try to take over. The world is rather chaotic, and there’s war at every angle with ships exploding all the time.
I will admit that the graphics, while beautiful, aren’t as refined as I would have hoped, especially on the players themselves.
But, I think this is what the developers were honestly going for. I am excited to give World Adrift a try simply because it looks so different than any other MMO I have personally played.
It could also be that this is an early trailer, and the development and graphic phase is still a work in progress. I’m eagerly awaiting new trailers and hope that they’re just as impressive as the first.
It looks like World Adrift will allow gamers and sci-fi fans the ability to feel superhuman in a sense, jumping from ship to ship and swinging from ropes across the universe, while also being human in the sense of trying to defeat the chaos that awaits.
What do you think? Will you give World Adrift a try, too?