How to Be a Millionaire in World of Warcraft
Gold farming is big business in World of Warcraft. In a game that’s been around for more than a decade and has over 10 million subscribers, gold is a very hot commodity. From BoEs to mount training and crafting, you need gold to get ahead in WoW – and you need lots of it. For a casual gamer, making a million gold seems like an impossible feat. But with the right method and a little dedication, you can become a WoW millionaire in no time.
Gold Farming Methods
There are plenty of ways to make gold in WoW. Some are better – and more fun – than others. Here’s a breakdown of your options:
- Grinding (or farming) – Killing mobs over and over again for gold and loot. Depending on the mobs and dungeons you’re farming, you can earn quite a bit of gold or valuable loot with this method.
- Completing all available quests – Once you’ve reached max level, quests reward you with more gold to make up for the lost experience points. You can earn quite a bit of gold if you go on a questing spree, but this method can be very time consuming.
- Professions – Whether you’re a jewelcrafter, herbalist, miner or blacksmith, there are plenty of ways to earn gold through crafting and gathering. Crafters can make BoEs that sell for hundreds or thousands of gold on the auction house. Gatherers can sell valuable materials that fetch high prices on the auction house.
- Auctioneer – You can earn quite a bit of gold just by being market savvy – no grinding, question, gathering or crafting required. Just keep an eye on the market to buy low and sell high.
- Selling services – If you’re a seasoned or well-geared player, you can sell your services for gold. Be a raid carrier, be a mentor to a new player or participate in GKP runs. You can earn gold this way, but it’s an inconsistent method. Sometimes, you get lucky and run with great groups. Other times, runs can be a complete disaster – or players get greedy and don’t want to pay up.
- Bots – You can use software to auto-play your character and take care of the gold farming for you.
- Multiboxing – Like bots but in a legitimate way, multiboxing uses software to control multiple characters at once to farm for gold. You can earn quite a bit of gold this way, but here’s the catch: you’ll need more than one account to do this.
Most players agree – the best way to earn a lot of gold is to farm. It takes time, but if you pick the right spots, you can earn thousands of gold an hour. That sure beats running around trying to complete quests for a measly 60g.
The other methods listed above can also earn you a lot of gold, but they’re not as reliable as farming. Demand fluctuates, so professions may make you a lot of gold one month and next-to-none the next week. Multiboxing can be expensive, and bots can be risky. Farming is the tried-and-true way to earn the most gold per hour.
Now that you know what your options are, let’s take a look at the best ways to farm for gold and how to become a WoW millionaire.
See also: Make real money from MMORPG? Yes way!
How to Be a WoW Millionaire
There are so many ways to earn a million gold in World of Warcraft. But which methods are the best? And how can you earn that gold quickly? Using the methods below, it’s possible to earn 20k gold per day.
1. Take advantage of old dungeons and raids. Do a few trial runs of old instances that you can easily solo. Make note of which ones earn you the most gold per hour.
2. Take a tip from the pros. Watch gold farming video guides to learn how to earn a few thousand gold per hour. BellularGaming shows you how to do this by just simply running old raids. MrZytex shows you how to make 7,500g per hour with a farming spot in the Twilight Highlands. Don’t waste your time mindlessly farming random mobs. Choose the right farming spots and the right raids to maximize your gold per hour.
3. Once you’ve figured out which runs will earn you the most gold, stick to a routine of grinding the same dungeons and farming spots. Remember, consistency is key.
4. Be frugal with your gold. Don’t spend thousands on BoEs or transmog gear. Instead, spend more time farming and selling items that are in high demand on your server, like transmog gear.
When farming raids and dungeons, you’ll not only earn raw gold, but greens, epics and junk items that can be sold to vendors. And if you’re a gatherer, you can farm materials along the way that can be sold on the auction house to other players.
So, how much can you earn following the blueprint above? Let’s say you’re just a casual gamer who plays WoW 4 hours, 2-3 days a week. If you stick to this routine of farming 20k gold per day (which really isn’t hard), after 4 months and 2 days, you’ll reach your millionaire goal. That’s:
- 20,000 gold per day.
- 60,000 gold at 3 days of farming per week.
- 240,000 gold per month.
- 960,000 gold after 4 months of farming.
- 1,000,000 gold in 4 months and 2 days.
Think about it – four months and two days from now, you could be a WoW millionaire. All you have to do is find a routine that works and stick to it. And if mobs happen to drop more valuable loot, like epics and BoEs that are in high demand, you may reach your goal even faster.
The question is: how are you going to spend all that gold once you’ve reached your goal?
How much is your WoW gold actually worth? The cheapest price on G2G.com for 1,000,000 gold is:
How do you plan on spending your million gold? If you’re a smart player, you’ll earn another million and sell some of your gold for cold, hard cash.